COSTA MESA Rock Ya-Sin Jersey , Calif. (AP) — Joey Bosa remains sidelined with a foot injury but the Los Angeles Chargers defensive end is hopeful he can return in early November.Bosa addressed his injury for the first time Wednesday as the Chargers (1-2) began preparations for Sunday’s matchup against San Francisco (1-2).“There is a little instability in the tendon, but there’s a good chance I won’t have surgery,” Bosa said. “I’m trying to be as safe as possible. If I try to rush back now it wouldn’t be good.”Bosa has a bone bruise to his left foot. He first injured it during training camp on Aug. 7 and didn’t play in any of the four preseason games. Bosa acknowledged he should have been cautious for another week or two instead of trying to rush back for the regular-season opener against Kansas City. He reinjured the foot on Sept. 5 and has been sidelined since then.After Bosa re-aggravated the injury, he visited Dr. Robert Anderson, who is a foot specialist based in Green Bay. Bosa’s foot was put in a cast for two weeks and he had it taken off earlier this week.Now that he is back in a walking boot, Bosa is hoping to resume running in a couple weeks. His latest goal — provided there are no setbacks — is to return for the final nine games of the season. That would be Nov. 4 at Seattle and follows the Chargers’ bye week.“I could have prevented this if I wasn’t so set on pushing to be back (for the regular season). It has been a huge learning experience,” Bosa said. “It’s a tough injury to deal with but when the time comes I will be 100 percent ready.”Bosa, who has 23 sacks in his first two NFL seasons, isn’t the only player in his family who is dealing with an injury. Younger brother Nick, who is a junior All-American defensive end at Ohio State, is likely out until November due to a lower abdominal muscle injury.The two talk every day and the older Bosa joked that his brother “is enjoying all the best food he’s ever eaten” while rehabbing in Philadelphia.“I asked him how he felt and he said he’s ‘ready to take down a small village’ so he must be feeling real good,” he said. “It (stinks) for my dad and the family right now but we’re both looking ahead.”Bosa’s absence has definitely had an impact as two of the Chargers’ starters on the defensive line are out. Defensive tackle Corey Liuget is eligible to return Monday when his four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances ends.Without Bosa and Liuget http://www.coltsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-ben-banogu-jersey , the Chargers are ranked in the middle of the league in sacks with seven. They are tied for 22nd in the league in quarterback pressures after being tied for 10th last season. They are also blitzing on only 22.1 percent of pass plays, which is below the league average of 25 percent.It also means that defensive end Melvin Ingram has seen more double teams and been held to 1.5 sacks.“We need more pressure. We’re going to be one-on-one on the backside since they are sliding protection toward Mel and we have to win. Somebody has to win,” coach Anthony Lynn said.San Francisco, which will have C.J. Beathard starting at quarterback following a season-ending knee injury to Jimmy Garoppolo, has allowed 14 sacks, which is tied for fourth-most in the league.Niners coach Kyle Shanahan said the Chargers’ scheme reminds him a lot of San Francisco’s.“I’m sure there’ll be some new things that they’re going to game plan against us that you’ve got to be prepared for,” Shanahan said. “Obviously, having gone against a defense like that helps, but you can never count on it, what they’re doing. There’s always something different.” WASHINGTON — The Washington Nationals welcome the Baltimore Orioles to town for a three-game series Tuesday and welcome reliever Kelvin Herrera to an already formidable bullpen.
The Nationals struck far in advance of the trade deadline Monday, acquiring the Kansas City Royals’ closer for three minor leaguers. Herrera is 14-for-16 in save opportunities this year with a 1.05 ERA.
The 28-year-old right-hander joins a late-inning group that includes set-up men Ryan Madson, 38 Khari Willis Jersey , Brandon Kintzler, 33, and closer Sean Doolittle, 31.
“For the front office to send a message to us this far ahead of the deadline, to try to get us some help in the bullpen, I think it’s one of those situations where in April and May, the bullpen as a whole had a really heavy workload,” Doolittle told the Washington Post. “You saw Madson and Kintzler land on the DL because of that. It’s almost their way of saying, ‘Here’s some help. Here’s some reinforcements.'”
Madson allowed two home runs in Sunday’s loss to Toronto and Kintzler is out with a right forearm flexor strain.
Doolittle picked up the save Monday against the Yankees in the completion of a suspended game and has succeeded in 19 of 20 chances, posting a 1.37 ERA.
“For me, we have an all-star closer right now,” manager Dave Martinez said. “So (Herrera) will be asked to do some different things.”
On Monday Josh Allen Jersey , the Nationals and Yankees finally completed their two-game series from May 15-16, splitting the two games.
Washington (38-32) won the suspended game, which resumed in the sixth-inning with score tied 3-3. Rookie Juan Soto, who had not yet made his major league debut when the game originally began in May, clubbed a two-run homer to give Washington a 5-3 win.
New York won the second game 4-2 behind Sonny Gray and scoreless one inning stints from four relievers as the Nationals went 0-for-11 with runners in scoring position.
Baltimore (20-50) sends David Hess (2-3, 4.13) to the mound Tuesday against Jefry Rodriguez (0-0, 0.00).
The Orioles travel down the Baltimore-Washington Parkway on a rare high following Sunday’s 10-4 win over the Miami Marlins.
Baltimore had dropped nine games in a row and had lost 11 straight at home, tying the club record.
The Orioles hadn’t scored more than five runs since a 9-3 win over the White Sox on May 24 in Chicago, a span of 20 games.
“It was difficult for everyone,” Sunday’s starting pitcher Dylan Bundy told the Baltimore Sun. “We know what we are capable of, and we’re not doing it right now. It was one of those days where we performed the way we should.”
The Orioles collected 14 hits, six for extra bases. Third baseman Jace Peterson matched his career high with four RBIs Parris Campbell Jersey , including a two-run homer. Mark Trumbo hit a solo homer and had an RBI-double for Baltimore, which had scored four runs or fewer in 18 of its past 19 games.
“Usually when the team’s struggling as a whole, the pitchers get a little more comfortable on the other side, and they cruise through some of those innings,” Trumbo told the Sun. “It’s important to try and kind of peck away. I’d like to see a whole lot more games that look like this going forward. I think everybody would.”
Hess had been solid before allowing five runs in 3 1/3 innings in his last start, a loss to Boston. He faced the Nationals May 30 and took the loss despite allowing just one run on four hits over six innings.
With starters Stephen Strasburg and Jeremy Hellickson on the disabled list, Rodriguez, 24, will make his first major league start. He is 5-3 with a 3.31 ERA in 13 starts for Double-A Harrisburg.